What we do:
We serve people who are concerned with their own or someone else’s involvement with alcohol, drugs or problem gambling.
We provide comprehensive assessments, treatment planning, case management, referrals, education, and individual and group counselling – tailored to meet your individual needs!
PAARC offers many services and supports for people living with substance misuse and abuse, substance dependence, and harmful gambling. If you also live with a mental illness, you are welcome at PAARC. For a complete list of our services, click on PROGRAMS. All of our services and programs are confidential. You do not need a health card to access our services. With the exception of the Back on Track Program, all of PAARC's services are free to all our clients.
Delivering quality, community-based services for people with addictions and concurrent disorders.
Making a positive difference in the lives of people impacted by addictions and concurrent disorders.
PAARC values a person-centred approach. This means that we listen to what is important to you, share our professional expertise with you, and then together you and your counsellor decide on your goals and how you will reach them. Our approach is strength based, and we support harm reduction.
As professionals, we adhere to the Code of Ethics and standards of practice as set out by the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. PAARC’s employees adhere to professional codes of conduct.
PAARC’s Strategic Success Factors for 2015 to 2018:
- People and Teams – PAARC recruits and retains good people who embody our values, and empower our teams through professional development and training opportunities.
- Client Experience – PAARC ensures our clients feel safe, welcome, and heard. We are person centric and collaborative with our clients to define their success and set plans.
- Stakeholder Engagement – PAARC build connections and drives integration in our community by having open dialogue, working together and sharing ideas.
- Innovation and Growth – PAARC identifies and responds to underserved needs in our communities by broadening our offerings. We proactively provide education and innovate to promote health.
- Demonstrated Results – PAARC strives to define and maintain clear, defined measures of success, driving efficiencies and value for our clients and communities.
Integrity, Results-Focused, Innovative
- We believe in the dignity and worth of all human beings.
- We recognize the right of humane treatment of anyone experiencing substance abuse problems, gambling problems, mental health concerns and other problems.
- We value an environment which is caring, open, trusting, accepting and welcoming. We celebrate the diversity of people, perspectives, cultures, skills and other areas.
- We will assist in the improved quality of life of every person served, endeavouring to provide the highest feasible quality of care.
- We will maintain proper professional relationships with all persons served, assisting them to help themselves, and referring them promptly and appropriately to other programs or individual professionals when their treatment plan so indicates.
- We will respect confidentiality with regard to records and materials concerning persons served in accordance with PAARC and Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care guidelines, and applicable law.
- We will ensure that all interpersonal interactions with clients served are non-exploitive and essential to their good recovery.
- We will give due respect to the rights, views, and positions of other addiction counsellors and related professionals.
- We will respect agency policies and procedures and cooperate with any associated agency management as long as this remains consistent with recognized standards, procedures, and ethics.
- We will contribute ideas and findings regarding alcohol and other drug addiction treatment and recovery through appropriate channels to professionals in the field.
- We will regularly evaluate personal strengths, limitations, biases, or levels of effectiveness, always striving for self-improvement and seeking professional development by means of further education and training.